Thursday, May 19, 2011

Confession...

My name is Erin and I love garden gnomes. 

Yes, it's true.  Maybe it's cliche' because they've seen a small resurgence in popularity lately but my loyalty to the gnome runs deep.  The classic gnome with his white beard, pointy red hat, and jolly demeanor reminds me of a cross between an elf and Santa.  I like gnome's seemingly "hobbity" ways.  It seems to me they would throw a very good party!

To date I have been given a few little gnomes who make me smile every time I bring them out.  Lately with spring upon us and the sun shining in earnest I felt it only right to give my gnomes a place of honor on our mantle.  I think they look quite happy there....





I have debated the past few summer's about adding some sort of outdoor gnome to a corner of our backyard and have concluded that only an exceedingly special sort of gnome would be allowed in my yard.  Imagine, then my excitement when I stumbled upon this little fellow on Etsy.  I think he could easily make the cut.



And now I am off to enjoy this beautiful springy day in my garden.  Who knows - maybe I'll stumble upon a meditating gnome out there!

4 comments:

  1. You could call him your "Om Gnome" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tee hee - yes I could! But, seriously - isn't he sooo cute? I'm in love:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one naughty girl to like gnomes but I admit, they have a certain weird charm :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a pair of garden gnome pajamas - they are my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete