Thursday, May 12, 2011

Crazy Awesome!

Today I thought I'd share some of my favorite "crazy" quotes alongside art from the amazing  Emily Martin.  I love the feel of Emily's paintings -  sort of vintage/creepy!  I can't help but wonder about Emily's own personal story when looking at her art, which for me makes it extra special.  Enjoy - and let your freak flag fly today!

"The only difference between me and the rest of the population is that I acknowledge how crazy I am and they're all in mind-numbing denial." ~Unknown


"The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness.  Think of your three best friends.  If they're okay, then it's you" ~Rita Mae Brown



"For me, insanity is super sanity.  The normal is psychotic.  Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity." ~ Jean Dubuffet


"I prefer neurotic people.  I like to hear rumblings beneath the surface."~Stephen Sondheim

"I'm a neurotic --in the sense that I live in my world.  I will not adjust myself to the world.  I am adjusted to myself." ~ Anais Nin


1 comment:

  1. I love my crazy lady and all her cool quotes and most of the art work she loves, but I've got to tell you the conjoined twins freak me out every time.

    ReplyDelete