Monday, May 23, 2011

A Special Treat

I had a wonderful weekend full of fun things!  Thursday and Friday were sunny and warm and  reminded me of being a kid those first warm days of summer  - excited butterflies in anticipation of the endless possibilities waiting to be had.  I kicked off the weekend doing one of my favorite things - visiting with my dear friend Carol while sipping on her latest concoction.  You see, Carol is a master drink mixer.  I had never really tasted a proper martini before she made me one and after that I was done for!


On Friday she tested out a new recipe on me involving lemon and strawberry and let me tell you it is my new favorite drink!  In fact it was so delicious that on my way home from her house I had to make a quick stop at the liquor store because I knew I would want to make myself another one in the near future!  And before you start judging me or calling me a lush maybe you should try one of Carol's drinks yourself.  I predict you will be hooked.  She has lot's of fun recipes on her blog and she promises to share the lemon/strawberry drink very soon - right Carol?  Until then I will enjoy my top secret recipe and my vip access to a drink mixing goddess!



2 comments:

  1. You make me smile! :) Thanks for the kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can Carol be my friend too?? I want a strawberry-lemon concoction!

    ReplyDelete