Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I Heart Kristen Wigg


I must be honest and admit that before I saw Bridesmaids this past weekend I wasn't super familiar with Kristen Wigg.  I'd seen her on SNL and remember thinking she was hilarious and really noticing her in the Lawrence Welk skit with Betty White and and rest of the power female cast that made that episode rock.  I don't know many people who have the gift of being politically incorrect, deformed, funny and cute all at the same time.  Favorite line here:  "I like can I touch?"



But for as brilliant as Kristen is here I absolutely fell in love with her after beholding her spot on portrayal of maid of dishonor in Bridesmaids.  Not only does she say and do things I can only dream about but she manages to come off funny and endearing in spite of her crazy escalating antics.  I wish I could say I don't relate to her character at all but ....umm -yeah I totally do!  I laughed so loud in the theatre that glares were elicited from a young man sitting a few seats over.  This may be a movie I actually purchase because it just makes me so proud to be a woman and it proves once and for all how funny and smart we gals are (and all while being fully clothed) = amazing!



So thank you Kristen Wigg for being awesome.  Call me up for a drink anytime! 

p.s.  check out Kristen's official  website for more proof that she's the real deal - love it!

1 comment:

  1. "...it just makes me so proud to be a woman and it proves once and for all how funny and smart we gals are (and all while being fully clothed) = amazing!" WORD.

    ReplyDelete