Monday, September 12, 2011

Brand New Day

I couldn't help but feel the truth of this brand new season creep in on me as I woke up to cooler temps. today.  For those curious I accepted a position with the school district part time.  I'll be working in a teen parent program providing care for the children of teen moms while they work on completing high school.  I am fortunate enough to get to work with the tiny babies - 10 weeks to 6 months and they are so precious! 

As I think about the obstacles these teens face I can't help but feel gratitude for the life I have, the simple truths I often take for granted.  I am struck by the courage, tenacity and resilience it takes to move through this world, and I hope to be a voice of encouragement to these young women.  I am reminded once again that each of us has the opportunity to choose how we approach our lives each day, each hour, each moment.

Today I choose life - the ordinary, mundane, joyful, messy, noisy, delicious, hard, easy, lovely, beautiful gift of today.



p.s.  thanks to my Aunt Susie for sharing this awesome video:)

1 comment:

  1. I thought your post title sounded familiar! You are welcome, it resonated with me.
    Your new job sounds very interesting and heartrending. I'm sure that you are a wonderful oasis of peace for those young moms. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete