Friday, December 23, 2011

Hope

I was reminded that yesterday was winter solstice.  It only gets lighter from here on out!  This marks our second year as a family of observing advent together.  As a person who loves imagery and symbol I have thoroughly enjoyed gathering my little family together and practicing this tradition.  I can think of few better ways to experience God than in the candlelit faces of those I hold nearest and dearest.

"Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: You don't give up." ~ Anne Lamott



"The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"--which means, "God with us." ~ Matthew 1:23

 Wishing you the hope of light and love today!

No comments:

Post a Comment