Friday, July 20, 2012

Currently....

Things I'm loving right now in no particular order.

Sunshine/Poolside.
We've been lucky enough to be spending some glorious days by the pool this past week.  Mr. Veen had work in Southern Oregon and the kids and I decided to tag along and we're spending our days splashing and sunning to our hearts content = glorious!

image via Samantha French

The audacity of authenticity.
  It seems the word "authenticity" was really popular for awhile, and maybe now it's not so much.  Some might roll their eyes a bit when you use it.  For me it is a life mantra.  A daily choice.  Show up and be real.  And this quote from Anne might be my favorite:

"Your problem is how you are going to spend this one and precious life you have been issued.  Whether you are going to spend it trying to look good and creating the illusion that you have power over circumstances, or whether you are going to taste it, enjoy it and find out the truth about who you are" ~ Anne Lamott

"Honey" Bun.
I've been wearing my hair like this lately and having fun with it and the nostalgia of the days of my youth when this style was referred to lovely as the honey bun.



Summer Cocktails.
I really like this one.  It will be especially good with fresh local peaches!


Community.
Another popular buzz word I know!  I so love and appreciate the people I do life with.


Sundresses.
I love FINALLY getting out of my jeans and into some cute sundresses!  I don't think I could ever have enough.  This one's a bit out of my price range - but so cute - no?

My Tattoo.
I'm loving it so much now that it's all healed up!


Good Books.
As usual I have a potpourri of books going right now - one fiction, two non fiction.  I love rotating through the words and having the time to pour over them and soak up every last detail.  One of life's greatest joys is getting lost in a book!



No comments:

Post a Comment