Wednesday, February 26, 2014

So....THIS is 40!



Hello little blog!  How have you been?  It's been SO long since I've paid you a visit - how neglectful I've been.  
If there was ever a reason to post - I'd say turning 40 is a good one.  I've been thinking about how strange it feels to really own the age of 40.  It's that age I remember my parents being and thinking - "Yeah, they're old."  But more than that, it's the age I always assumed I'd have my shit together.  You know, officially be an adult with all that "adultness" entails.  For me, I think it used to mean knowing all the answers, being stable and serious.  And so here I am, and while I can say with certainty - I know some things more than I did 20 years ago, I certainly am nowhere close to having ALL the answers.  In fact in many ways the more I know, the more I realize I don't know.  As far as stable and serious?  Well those ideas are entirely overrated in my opinion.  One of my favorite things about being me at this age is the freedom I feel to be a complete silly goofball if the mood strikes.  
And so here I am where I'm supposed to be.  40.  This is it - here I am.  Here is a good place to be.




2 comments:

  1. Well this was a nice surprise to wake up too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Love it. Love YOU. Here's to 40 more years of never quite arriving. xo

    ReplyDelete