Thursday, November 4, 2010

Design Crush = Dottie Angel


Photo by dottieangel

I think at heart I have always loved vintage.  I remember being facinated by my grandmother's love of hummels, china, jewlery, and linens.  At the time most of the things she loved seemed a bit boring to me (except the hummels -which I still love), but it was fun how "into" her things she was.  It was clear she derived much joy from these collections. 



Photo by dottieangel
 
So now as an adult I find it only fitting that my most loved design style at the moment falls under the umbrella "granny chic".  Basically granny chic is an updated version of shabby chic.  It's still lots of distressed stuff and vintage but with a little dose of modern thrown in for good measure.  I love how dottie angel pairs a black leather modern couch with crocheted throws and colorful doilies.



Photo by dottieangel

This style has allowed me to fully embrace my love of fun, funky and unique.  I wish I had an ounce of the creativity that dottie posesses!  Who knows - maybe some day I'll even attempt sewing again - it nothing else so I could create a lovely little frock like this one...



Photo by dottieangel

But for now I will be content with my regular thrifting jaunts and my new etsy shop!  Oh, and of course telling YOU all about it along the way. 



Photo by dottieangel

In fact - I feel a thrifting trip may be in store today.  I better go fold some laundry first!  Cheer's to finding something wonderful!


Photo by dottieangel

No comments:

Post a Comment