Wednesday, January 12, 2011

For the love of Pyrex!

A few years ago I began a serious love affair with vintage Pyrex.  Since then our relationship has gotten more serious and at times even borders on obsession, though it's not reached full on addiction yet.  I have yet to commit to one pattern of Pyrex but instead enjoy collecting various colors, patterns and sizes of these lovely yet practical receptacles.  I guess there is something that makes me happy about the way these beauties look and feel and I love that they are just as comfortable with mixing cookie dough as they are with serving up a salad.  They are fun and eclectic and well I guess I am too!:)




Ahhh!  These make my heart pitter patter!  I love, love the red and yellow bird pattern!  Also the sailboat and the teardrop design.....and pretty much ALL of it!

Below is my own collection.  I use all of these little gems almost every day!  I'm especially partial to my cute little tomato colored butter dish = cuteness!  These were all found on various haunts to my local thrift stores.



So there you have it - one of my little quirks!  Any one out there have any Pyrex you want to get rid of?

1 comment:

  1. I have 6 or 7 pieces, mixing bowls and casserole dishes in green and gold. Don't like them, never have, but got them for wedding gifts ,ahem, some 33 years ago!! I collected blue and white dishes so you can imagine how much these autumn 70's colors bugged me! Got married in 1978 (remember? ha!)

    But the casserole dishes are sure nice in diff sizes with fitted lids etc.

    ReplyDelete