So, for todays recipe I'm going to share something I made a few weeks ago for myself and have been meaning to make again. I'm not much of a breakfast person so sometimes it's hard for me to find something that actually sounds decent to eat before 10a.m. This satisfies both my desire to be somewhat healthy with my sweet tooth. Bonus - it's really pretty!
Broiled Grapefruit Crisp via allrecipes
- 1 large grapefruit, cut in half
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
- Remove all visible seeds from the grapefruit and loosen sections from membrane with a sharp knife. Place grapefruit halves cut side up in a baking dish.
- Stir the oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt together in a small bowl; add the butter and mash with a fork to incorporate oat mixture into the butter. Spread about half of the butter mixture over the top of each grapefruit half.
- Cook under the broiler until the topping is golden brown, about 10 minutes.
I'm going to practice kindness today starting with yours truely! Wishing you all a marvelous Monday and sunnier skies ahead!