Friday, May 27, 2011

Friday's Letter

Dear Mr. Veen:  39 years ago tomorrow a long, scrawny baby boy with big blue eyes was born.  Lucky me!  Dear Thomas P. Calhoon:  I have no idea where this name came from only that it is the perfect nick name for you from time to time.  Dear Tommy Boy:  do you remember this song by Living Colour from our wedding video?  I think the lyrics still ring true today.  So glad I've got the solace of you!  Dear Thomas William van der Veen II:  I remember thinking maybe you were some sort of Dutch royalty the first time you told me your entire first name, little did I know you are not only royalty but a true Viking as well!  Dear Tom:  you are my best friend and the love of my life, I can't even begin to imagine navigating this world without you by my side.  Looking forward to it being all about you this weekend!!

HAPPY WEEKEND!

1 comment:

  1. Thomas William van der Veen II?? I didn't think it was possible for Tom to get much cooler, but I've been wrong before. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete