Tuesday, August 16, 2011

One of my Favorites...

"Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency for me."
Although I've never actually used this quote in real life I think it's a good one and remind myself of it quite often.  I think we all have been around people (and been those people ourselves!) for whom daily life is constant chaos of continually scrambling to make it work.  For people pleasers like me it's so hard to say no when the great fear is not being liked.  However, as hard as it might be I believe practicing these kind of boundaries only makes for better, more honest relationships in the long run.  It takes strength to say "no" when you're expected to say "yes".  It also requires knowing and respecting yourself.  Tough stuff. 

via nestahome

3 comments:

  1. Yes, that rule is a keeper! I was able to put this one into practice as a pastors wife and even more so as a teacher at the ministry school. So hard to appear as if you do not care, but to them your caring has to look like panic and anxiousness.

    Hey, C & I are addicted to Mad Men on Netflix now! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! Mad Men is sooo good and addicting! We've been wanting to watch the seasons over again from the beginning:)

    ReplyDelete