Monday, August 15, 2011

Special Day

Happy Birthday Mom!

This photo was taken in August of 1974.  I was 6 months old and mom was 30 or 31.  I love everything about this picture from the clothes we're wearing, the trimmed green lawn and the happiness it expresses.  I know how much my mom loved that baby girl and now that I've had a baby girl of my own I understand it all the more.  

When it comes to a mothers love words like "thank you", "i love you", "i'm grateful" seem so small.  A mothers love is large and complicated and carries weight and history along with it.  But since there are no other words I have to work with I will use those I know:  I love you Mom.  Thank you for all that you've done and all you continue to do to show me your love.  Have a beautiful day! 




2 comments:

  1. So sweet :) Happy Birthday Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have said a mouthful here Erin. It is a beautiful tribute to your amazing mom. Tell her I said Happy Birthday too, won't you?

    ReplyDelete