Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A little bit of pumpkin


I'm loving the wee bit of fall crispness in the air lately.  And even though I adore summer, I must confess that autumn holds its own special place in my heart.

A few of the things I love most about autumn are tiny little pumpkins, and (of course) pumpkin spice lattes.  So when I spied this recipe for homemade pumpkin spice lattes I knew I needed to try it.  Turns out it's pretty good - a bit sludgy at the bottom - but tasty none the less.

Pumpkin Spice Latte

2 cups milk
1 cup espresso or double brewed coffee
4 T canned pumpkin
2 T sugar (or sugar substitute)
1 T vanilla extract
1/2 t cinnamon (plus more for garnish)
1/4 t nutmeg
1/4 t ginger
1/8 t cardamom
optional: whipped cream for garnish
note: you can substitute all the spices for similar amount of pumpkin pie spice (I use a. lot. of spices so adjust to taste)
serves 2-4

via here

p.s.  Do you like my new funky chicken dishtowel?  I was such a happy girl to pick it up for a quarter at a yard sale yesterday!  Ahh, it's the little things right?

1 comment:

  1. I do like your new funky chicken dishtowel. Sorry for making you a sad girl when I spilt turkey dressing on it!

    ReplyDelete