1. Age - it really does creep up on you.
2. A number is just a number.
3. Wine, chocolate, and a bubble bath can soothe the most horrible of days.
4. Painted toenails and lips help me feel like a lady.
5. Never apologize for being feminine.
6. Classy trumps trampy any day of the week -- leave something to the imagination.
7. There is something sacred about early morning hours and a quiet house.
8. Having a furry friend with a big wet nose and wagging tail greet you at the door is a
surefire way to decrease anxiety.
10. Laugh as much as possible - every chance you get.
11. Good jeans are essential.
12. Movie stars are paid to look that way and they get more help than we will ever know.
13. "Perfect girls aren't real, real girls aren't perfect."
14. Be real.
15. "Do what you feel in your heart to be right -for you'll be criticized anyway."
16. Good music, poetry, and art are like a balm to the world weary soul.
17. Life experience and memory making last longer than buying the latest "toys".
18. Sometimes it's worth it to spend a lot of money on a really good bottle of wine.
19. Sally at Nordstrom is a mean bra fitting machine.
20. Being a mother is heart wrenching. It hurts your heart in good ways and hard ways.
21. Date nights are essential.
22. Small talk is the bane of my existence.
23. True friends are life giving and oh so precious.
24. To be truly known and seen for who you are and loved unconditionally is the definition of
25. Mad Men, Downton Abby, The New Girl = my favorite shows.
26. Green = my favorite color.
27. Food Pairings that make me happy = Chips and Salsa. Chocolate and Red Wine.
Coffe and Scone.
28. The laughter of my kids is a perfect sound.
29. The ocean clears my head so I can listen to my soul.
30. Grit, curiosity, and persistence = three things I aspire to have more of this year.
31. Fresh flowers and yummy smelling candles can change the mood of a space.
32. It's o.k. to say no.
33. The people worth having in your life will honor and respect your boundaries.
34. It's o.k. to say yes.
35. "People are capable, at any time in their lives, of doing what they dream of"
- Paulo Coalho
36. Dancing is the funnest workout ever.
37. Exercise is over rated.
38. I am enough.
39. I truly do believe the best is yet to come.
For the past few years I've been taking photos of myself or "selfies" on my birthday. I want to remember my life as it is as each year goes by. For me this is just another aspect of getting to know myself and understand how I experience the world.