Monday, February 14, 2011

Red Velvet mini's



Yesterday Ella and I had the fun of being invited to a mother/daughter Valentine's tea by our neighbors the Watson's.  It was the perfect chance to do two of our favorite things:  bake together and dress up!  So after a leisurely Sunday morning we set out to bake Red Velvet mini cupcakes.

*and right about here I could make up a big fish tale about how I came up with this amazing recipe for these cupcakes which I made from scratch, grinding fresh vanilla beans for the frosting, milking the organic cow's milk cream, and using all gluten free/vegan ingredients.*

A few day's earlier while at Cost Plus, I'd spied a tasty looking box mix for Red Velvet cupcakes by Sof 'ella.  Because sometimes you just don't have the time, energy or stamina to bake from scratch!!  These turned out so cute and we had the best time decorating them and making them look pretty. 



It was so much fun to see the girls be little ladies with their tea cups.  I even saw a few pinkie fingers stuck in the air!  And when we got back home Ella and I couldn't resist having our own little silly photo shoot (another of our favorite activities), to further document the day.  I love that I have a girl who loves to get goofy and silly with me.  Because like me, she may be quiet and proper from the outside - but inside there's a crazy kid who can't wait to come out and play!

On an official note I'd like to wish everyone a Happy Valentine's Day!  Mr. Veen and I don't go crazy, crazy for Valentine's Day because it kinda feel's cliche.  But I'm looking forward to making a special family dinner tonight (the kid's requested meat-loaf!), because it's always fun to have an excuse to celebrate together!

(love this card by somee )

Happy Heart Day Peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment